Hey there — today, I’ve got simple tips that work at any time… whether the real estate market is in the dumps or running hot. 🙂
So, I want to share how you can outperform your competition. There is and always will be lots of competition, it’s just the nature of our business…
Bad markets or good, you can’t avoid having competition in real estate. It’s always been that way.
But, you can differentiate yourself from the competition with services that deliver solutions to sellers’ needs.
Do what your competition isn’t doing.
These 4 simple things can set you apart:
- Answer your phone!
- Most investors are not answering their phone live, they let it go to voicemail.
- Make Appointments to Meet Sellers
- If the lead seems like a viable prospect (not a suspect), leave and go see the property right then and there. Don’t ask a ton of questions prescreening them. If they have equity or motivation, just go. Now.
- Make Offers
- To every single lead you get. Even if they say they’re not interested, give them an offer over the phone AND send them an offer in the mail. Make lots of offers!
- Follow Up
- Most deals happen on the 5th, 6th, 7th touch. The most important list you’ll have is your follow-up list. Partner with other wholesalers — ask for their old dead leads, and any deals you get from those, split with them. More than half of your deals will come from the follow up. Text, emails, postcards, SlyDial, phone calls. Follow up constantly!
Doesn’t sound hard, does it?
You’d be surprised at how many people don’t take these steps.
You can be the one who does… so you’ll be the one who’s doing the deals.